Friday, January 11, 2013

He's here!

Finally sitting down during one of B's naps and my lil man in my lap to type out his birth story and our first two weeks...
Short birth story:
Laid down Christmas Eve around 10:30 and didn't feel right tossed and turned with no luck falling asleep till 12 when I realized what happening contractions.... Got to the hospital around 7 Christmas morning to find out my 2 to 5 minute contractions I have been having got me dilated to 1 cm ugghh... By noon with no progress and finding out my lil one was resting his head on my uterine scar I elected to get some sleeping meds... Woke up at three with milder contractions.... Spoke with doc at six to find out we are only at 2 cm... But willing to give me till next morning to progress to try avoid another c section... But also letting me know she was concerned that his head was in the exact spot where I was at risk for a uterine rupture... Contracting all night to find out no progress at 8 am... Honestly was alittle bummed but also with no sleep and no food my body was done... Scheduled for a c by lunch we were told... My contractions also picked up and only to find out my doctor was at another hospital delivering another baby and oh by the way the roads are bad cuz we are expected to get six inches of snow... But thankfully at 4:05 pm we found out that we had yet another healthy boy.... Who remained nameless for the next two days and our list of 15 boys names we sorta liked got chucked out the window .... Silas Christian Rogers born 21 inches long and 7 lb 13 oz...

First two weeks home has flown by... So far I will say its been  easier adjustment to two kids than I thought... We got one four stretch of sleep once but mostly still up every two hours ...Silas is known to our family as the lil grunter... I have only heard the particular newborn cry once... Usually it's just loud grunts instead...
Big brother has amazed me. As well really besides a few routine changes has shown great care for his brother... He likes to hold him, sing to him, and walks around the house letting us know that b and s are " the Rogers boys"


My heart is over full for my two boys....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

...Running the Race... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates